After endless struggles in week 6, I took some time after class and finally got the LCD screen to work. It turns out, soldering all the pin connections did the trick!
(message when plant is well-watered)
(aerial view of wirings)
I mounted the whole thing on an acrylic storage tray from Muji. It now plugs into the wall directly too. I would like to program the piezo speaker to chime when the sensor threshold goes from “wet” —> “dry.”
I felt really proud after debugging the system. This one was the most finnicky hardware project I’ve done yet, and I managed to get all the sensors working after many many failed tries. 💪🌱